Create a LinkedIn profile
Your "CV" should be digital and available 24/7
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with more than 225 million registered users worldwide, so having a profile clearly has its advantages.
You can build your professional identity online, stay in contact with current and past colleagues and former classmates, find professional opportunities and ventures, and be exposed to the latest industry news and insights.
Critically, 93% of recruiters now actively use LinkedIn to source and vet potential candidates, so you could be missing out on great career opportunities if you don’t have a profile.
To create a LinkedIn profile visit www.linkedin.com and follow the prompts
Social Check Recommends:
1. Create a LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn is more than just an online resume. You are able to describe your professional experience and abilities like you would to someone you just met. Ensure that:
- You use a professional image that is on brand because this is the first thing recruiters and contacts will see. This differs from person to person according to their occupation and organisation.
- Your Summary, Experience, Skills and Education sections are detailed and showcase your journey to where you are today.
- You connect with your professional contacts, so that you can begin to build your professional network online. Remember to be careful about who you connect with.
- You ask for recommendations from people that have enjoyed working with you in the past to give your profile credibility.
- You include examples of your work (depending once again on your occupation).
- Your profile does not become an essay, keep it simple but compelling.
2. Ensure your profile is updated regularly
Don’t forget to update your profile regularly to ensure a positive and professional first impression. Add all new achievements, skills, and qualifications.
3. Review your broadcast settings
Want to make tweaks and changes to your LinkedIn profile but don’t want to tell everyone about them? Remember that in LinkedIn settings you can turn your activity broadcasts 'on' or 'off'. If you keep your activity broadcast ‘on’, each time you amend your LinkedIn profile it will alert your professional contacts.
If you would like to learn more, Social Check recommends visiting:
LinkedIn Help Centre
Note: LinkedIn has learning webinars that supply free training and ‘How To’ videos on an array of topics. These are only in English, and must be registered 24 hours prior to when they are made available.
To access these visit: LinkedIn Learning Webinars
Want to present yourself online in a powerful and compelling way? Social Check’s LinkedIn profile authoring service can help you create a strong and professional online profile that gives the right first impression. Click here to find out more
You look like someone who recognises the importance of developing a strong online presence. Social Check™ ensures that your personal online brand is strong and working for you in a positive way.
The first step is to get your Social Check™ Report.Get my Report